Menorah be the one

Menorah be the one
Menorah be the one. artbytonybulmer.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So I started painting

Yeah, you knew this was coming right? I needed an antidote to the virtual world so bad that the only thing I could do was to pick up a paintbrush. Soon as I did I unleashed a torrent of angst ridden catharsis. I worked fast, filled a sketch book with ideas, then threw the best ideas on canvas. Artists are often asked where they get ideas. The answer is complex. It may be through observation like Matisse or Cezanne it may be from imagination or the influence of dreams like Picasso or Salvador Dali. Technique and an understanding of technique is all important. Self confidence is important, so is knowledge: Composition, color, texture, rhythm, balance, movement, contrast and a whole host of other factors. But hold up, art is supposed to be FUN in big shouting capitals, forgot about that one didn’t cha? Not to worry most of the modern art establishment has forgotten that too and that is why I will be using the Creative Juicings blog to encourage artists of all descriptions and deliver clownish kick in the pants to the where the modern arts establishment needs it most. What are you waiting for? GET PAINTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment